A video preview for Google’s new Android 3.0 Honeycomb system was posted to their official blog this week.
The Android Honeycomb video shows off some of the new tablet-friendly features of the mobile platform, which now includes a bigger, almost iPad-like keyboard, along with a split screen and carousel viewing options.
Android 3.0 Honeycomb is the next upcoming version of the popular Android platform, and has been built from the ground up with Android tablets and larger screen size devices in mind.
3.0 will also include the latest Google Mobile software including Google Maps 5 that features 3D interactions and offline reliability, access to over 3 million Google eBooks, and Google Talk, which now allows you to video and voice chat with any other Google Talk enabled device (PC, tablet, etc).
Android Honeycomb Features:
- UI allows more components to be displayed on the screen, making use of the extra space
- Web-browsing enhancements
- Access to millions of books with Google eBooks (Amazon has 775K+ & Apple iBook has around 120K)
- Gmail optimized for tablet reading
- Watch videos with redesigned YouTube layout
- Chat face-to-face with other Gtalk users
- Explore maps more effectively with 3D Google Maps